I think it’s fun for you to get to know me as more than just the girl behind the camera! Today I wanted to share something a little different. Here are 10 quirky things you may not have known about me!
1. I’m an extroverted introvert. Anyone who knows me knows I’m outgoing and enjoy socializing, but I equally like my quiet and downtime at home to relax and recharge. I feel like it’s a healthy balance for me. I definitely have to pour into my cup before pouring into others!
2. I’m not the girl who will get excited about Taco Tuesday with you. I don’t like Mexican food. Especially white queso, yuck! No tacos or guac for me. Sometimes I can have a cheese quesadilla or chips and queso, but it HAS to be yellow cheese (and it’s not often I have that!)
3. I enjoy the business side of my business. Many creatives don’t enjoy the administration of their business but give me all the emails, timelines, inquires, etc. It’s some of my favorite aspects of being a business owner. Not to mention handwritten thank you notes, I could write those all day long!
4. I have a chapstick addiction. I have one for my car, by my bed, in the living room, my office desk, my camera bag, in Beckett’s diaper bag, bathroom, and a couple in my purse. Everywhere! My lips always have to be moisturized!
5. I’m very sentimental. I’ll take a handmade gift from the heart over a store-bought gift any day. Beckett gave me a footprint flower canvas for Mother’s Day and I sobbed like a baby!
6. I haven’t always been a cat person. My bestie persuaded me to adopt Mac Kitty when Chad and I were engaged because we lived on the third floor of our apartment and having a dog would have been tough. After a little convincing, Chad was on board, and we never looked back. A couple of years later we adopted Callie Cat. I didn’t have cats growing up, but now I just adore them!
7. Brogdon is my maiden name. I decided to keep it as my business name when I got married to carry my family’s spirit of business ownership into a new generation and a new industry.
8. My ideal night: snuggled up on the couch with a fuzzy blanket watching a murder mystery. Dateline is my favorite!
9. My favorite music to listen to while I’m working is something calm, like John Mayer.
10. When I first started my business I didn’t want to photograph weddings. Now they are my PASSION and heart and what I specialize in! Never say never 😊